A gain of 600 tonnes per clinker day
When CimentosLiz damaged its kiln girth gear due to a lack of lubrication in its Belohorizonte plant, the Brazilian cement manufacturer retained the Novexa on-site reprofiling solution.
In December 2014, CimentosLiz observed more than 2mm wear of its kiln girth gear in a few days due to insufficient lubrication and the occurrence of a seizure.
In the span of a few days, vibrations continued to increase to reach an alert threshold justifying the reduction of the kiln rotation speed (reduction of 3.4 tr/min - nominal at 2.9 tr/min), or a loss of 600 tonnes per clinker day.
Problems before intervention
The following data were recorded:
- The former pinion had a wear of more than 10 mm (or 27% deformation, code black)
- Profil deformation 4.2 max crown (or 11.6% deformation, code orange)
Given the urgency, the only solutions offered by the manufacturers were:
- Flapping of the crown (23 days)
- Pinion replacement
- An estimated cost of €200,000
Novexa proposed a perfectly controlled alternative solution with:
- On-site machining of profiles guaranteed to 0.1mm
- A 4-day intervention time
- An increase in rotation speed from 2.9 to 3.4 tr/min
CimentosLiz therefore regained nominal production capacity, secure manufacturing, and avoided unnecessary expenses and excessive production downtime.
Advantages for CimentosLiz
- 120 000 euros saved between flapping and reprofiling
- 4 days earned for return to activity
- 600 tonnes / day of production gain
- 180 000 tonnes of cement gain annually
Experts in rotative equipment wear management (gears and tires)
Our teams are at your disposal.
Enquire with our experts